ATC systems and ATC Safety Nets shall enable the Terminal Area and Approach PBN operations
- RNP 1 operations require the Lateral and Longitudinal Total System Error (TSE) to, be within +/- 1 nautical mile for at least 95 % of flight time and on-board performance monitoring, alerting capability and high integrity navigation databases
- For RNP APCH, the Lateral and Longitudinal Total System Error (TSE) shall be +/- 0,3 nautical mile for at least 95 % of flight time for the Final Approach Segment and on-board performance monitoring, alerting capability and high integrity navigation databases are required
RNP 1 as well as RNP APCH capability requires inputs from Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS)
- Vertical Navigation in support of APV may be provided by GNSS Satellite Based Augmentation System (SBAS) or by barometric altitude sensors
Extended AMAN and PBN in high density TMAs and associated en-route sectors shall be operated at the following airports: London-Heathrow, Paris-CDG, London-Gatwick, Paris-Orly, London-Stansted, Milan-Malpensa, Frankfurt International, Madrid-Barajas, Amsterdam Schiphol, Munich Franz Josef Strauss, Rome-Fiumicino, Barcelona El Prat, Zurich Kloten (1), Düsseldorf International, Brussels National, Oslo Gardermoen (2), Stockholm-Arlanda, Berlin Brandenburg Airport, Manchester Ringway, Palma De Mallorca Son San Juan, Copenhagen Kastrup, Vienna Schwechat, Dublin, Nice Cote d'Azur.
Extended AMAN and PBN in high density TMAs should be operated at the Istanbul Ataturk Airport.
(1) Subject to incorporation of this Regulation into Agreement between the European Community and the Swiss Confederation on Air Transport.
(2) Subject to incorporation of this Regulation into EEA Agreement.