SWIM comprises standards, infrastructure and governance enabling the management of information and its exchange between operational stakeholders via interoperable services.
This implementation objective is addressing one of the services in support of Airspace Management and Advanced Flexible Use of Airspace
• ASM Level 1 is the strategic level of FUA, with the involvement of relevant civil and military stakeholders. ASM Level 1 establishes airspace structures and defines their conditions of use, it includes exchange of long-term airspace planning e.g. major exercises and events. The management of airspace structures are applied during pre-tactical and tactical phases
• ASM Level 2 deals with the pre-tactical reservation of the airspace structures. The following services support the ASM level 2:
o Airspace Structure Service - Management of the AUP/UUP by the local ASM support systems requires that the same airspace data is used by both NM and the ASM support systems. The airspace data is available via NM B2B Airspace Structure Service, which allows to obtain in AIXM 5.1 all the airspace data needed by the local ASM support systems for the management of the AUP (AIRAC data and the live updates)
o Airspace Availability Service - part of the NM B2B Services, allows the local ASM support systems to provide the AUP and its dynamic updates (UUP) to NM in a timely manner; it also allows NM to share the local AUPs/UUPs with all stakeholders involved in the ASM Level 2. It also allows also the publication of the consolidated European AUP/UUP (EAUP/EUUP) to all stakeholders, AUs, for use in the flight planning systems
o Airspace Reservation (ARES) information: this service allows the exchange of information regarding ARES between local ASM support systems, in particular to support cross-border operations
• ASM Level 3 deals with the tactical activation and deactivation of the airspace structures. The following services support the ASM level 3:
o Notification of the activation of an Airspace Reservation/Restriction (ARES)
o Notification of the de-activation of an Airspace Reservation/Restriction (ARES)
o Pre-notification of the activation of an Airspace Reservation/Restriction (ARES)
o Notification of the release of an Airspace Reservation/Restriction (ARES)
o Query Airspace Reservation/Restriction (ARES) information
• Local ASM support systems shall exchange ARES information with relevant civil and military stakeholders at local and FAB level via SWIM Services
• Local ASM support systems shall provide the AUP/UUP information to NM via the NM B2B Airspace Availability Service
• Local ASM support systems shall consume the airspace information required for interoperability with NM via the NM B2B Airspace Structure Service
• The AU systems shall use the EAUP/EUUP published by NM via the NM B2B Airspace Availability Service
• The NM system shall make the NM B2B Airspace Availability Service SWIM compliant
• The NM system shall make the NM B2B Airspace Structure Service SWIM compliant
• ATC systems shall consume the information related to real-time activation and deactivation of ARES provided by the local ASM support systems
The current implementation objective is addressing the Airspace Availability service.
NOTE: For a full description of the services as well as of the associated system requirements, see the Family 5, in the SESAR Deployment Programme edition 2022, Approved by the European Commission.
NOTE FOR MILITARY AUTHORITIES: It is the responsibility of each military authority to review this Objective IN ITS ENTIRETY and address each of the SLoAs that the military authority considers RELEVANT for itself. This has to be done on top and above of the review of "MIL" SLoAs which identify actions EXCLUSIVE to military authorities.
|Initial Operational Capability||01-01-2021||—||Applicability Area 1 + Applicability Area 2|
|Full Operational Capability / Target Date||—||31-12-2025||Applicability Area 1 + Applicability Area 2|
|IS-0901-A||SWIM for sharing G/G data, traffic flow management information and aeronautical information||31-12-2023||31-12-2029|
|ASP01||Adapt/ Implement ASM system to Provide the AUP/UUP to NM||
|USE01||Consume the pan-European airspace availability information||
|NM01||Provide the AUP/UUP management services||
|NM02||Provide pan-European airspace availability information||
SDM - Standardisation and Regulation support to CP1 deployment 2021, Deliverable D1.1.1 07/2021
|ASP01, NM01, NM02, USE01, USE02|